December 2010 meeting - Falls Church VA, Dec. 4th

Announcements and general information concerning DCSWCC. Visible to guests and non-registered users. Only administrators can post here.

Moderator: DCSWCC

Kingpin
Director
First name: Martin
Last Name: Thurn

December 2010 meeting - Falls Church VA, Dec. 4th

#1 Post by Kingpin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:05 pm

The December 2010 meeting of the DCSWCC will be held on Saturday, December 4th at the Thomas Jefferson Library in Falls Church, VA from 1:00 to 4:30.

Meeting theme: "Something Old. Something New. Tell us what you want to do."

Thomas Jefferson Library
7415 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church, VA 22042

Library website:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/branches/tj/
Last edited by Kingpin on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kingpin
Director

#2 Post by Kingpin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 am

The theme for the DCSWCC December meeting is "Something Old. Something New. Tell us what you want to do."

In the spirit of the holiday season, we're going to bring back some traditions from our group's past, bring some cheer to one another and the less-fortunate, and hold a little brainstorming session.

"Something Old"

We're combining two of our group's old traditions into this Saturday's meeting -- snacks and the Winter Social. Since holding a full-blown Winter Social became a logistical nightmare back in 2008, we're asking members to bring in snacks or drinks to share with everyone else. The group will provide cups, plates and napkins. We just need people to sign up for chips, cookies, brownies, a cake(?), some festive holiday candies, drinks or ice. Nothing too fancy though; the library only allows "light refreshments".

"Something New"

Since we didn't have time to plan the "Sarlacc Swap" at the Summer Social, we're bringing back the popular Winter Social "White Wampa" gift exchange. Participation is not required, but for those of you who want to take part in it, simply wrap a new-in-package Star Wars item ($15-$20), place it on the gift table when you arrive at the meeting, and pick up a numbered ticket. We'll call the numbers during the first half of the meeting to accommodate those who need to leave early.

We'll also continue to take donations of new unwrapped toys for Toys For Tots. If Ric can't make the meeting I'll make sure the toys make it to the drop-off site.

"Tell us what you want to do"

For part of Saturday's meeting we're asking everyone to share ideas and make suggestions for topics and events for the coming year. Got an idea for a Customizing meeting? Is it time to hold another Road Show? How should we sell the remaining Luke lapel pins? How can we get more adult members to join? Should we make our presence known at local Star Wars-related events (Baysox games, movie premieres, concerts, etc)? How can we get on an episode of "Ace of Cakes" without spending $1,000.00 on one of their cakes?

Come to the meeting with at least ONE idea. If you can't make the meeting, PM your idea directly to me and I'll announce it for you.

To help ease the pain you all endured from me missing the last two meetings, I'm offering free copies of "The Star Wars Holiday Special" RiffTrax edition on DVD as my little holiday present to anyone who asks by Friday afternoon.
Charter Member
Mara Jade Collector

Kingpin
Director

#3 Post by Kingpin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Sorry for the delay, thanks to Brian we have some photos from the December meeting:

http://www.dcswcc.org/modules.php?name= ... temId=2872
- - Martin
President/Chairman, 2008-present
Administrator, 2006-2007
Charter Member, 2003-