June 2009 meeting -- Jason's house -- Sunday June 14th

Announcements and general information concerning DCSWCC. Visible to guests and non-registered users. Only administrators can post here.

Moderator: DCSWCC

Kingpin
Director
First name: Martin
Last Name: Thurn

June 2009 meeting -- Jason's house -- Sunday June 14th

#1 Post by Kingpin » Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 pm

The June 2009 meeting of the DCSWCC will be held on Sunday, June 14th at the Jason's house in Frederick County, MD.

Meeting theme: No theme, just hang out and buy Jason's extra stuff

Address and directions will be posted soon.
Last edited by Kingpin on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Martin
President/Chairman, 2008-present
Administrator, 2006-2007
Charter Member, 2003-

stewbacca
Life Member
First name:
Last Name:

#2 Post by stewbacca » Mon May 11, 2009 4:02 pm

I would suggest meeting themes:

Pick one since I pretty much have something from almost every realm of collecting----

or

(Enter significant other affection here), at least my collection doesnt look like this. :mrgreen: - I mean he has two whole rooms.

Its like a get out of jail free card.
Putting the characters upside-down creates a problem because we are all used to seeing the characters right-side up." -Randy Martinez

Quickest topic derailer in the known universe--expanded or otherwise.

stewbacca
Life Member
First name:
Last Name:

#3 Post by stewbacca » Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Address is

9204 Shirley Ct.
Frederick, MD 21701

Should be easily mapped on Mapquest or Google.

Early as 10AM should be okay (just let me know so I can expect you).

Potluck is fine but we may consider doing a collection and running out to grab some pizzas (and bringing back).

There is a 20% chance I may have to kick everyone out by 4- will post more on that as we get closer.

Also please understand that I presently have no children and my collection is displayed as such (including many valuable items near or at ground level) and if something is touched may cause a very unstable figure chain reaction among my rooms. (its lovingly referred to as the museum for a reason).

I will attempt to have some activities available- (incuding Wii and some games and such and I have a large front yard that is off of the road as well), but I request that if you plan to leave them unsupervised and you know they love to "touch things" please consider leaving them at home.

I also have a large amount of pets- but all will be contained - and as far as animal hair- the main room we will be meeting in is off limits to them (as well as the collection rooms) so their shouldnt be any allergy issues.
Putting the characters upside-down creates a problem because we are all used to seeing the characters right-side up." -Randy Martinez

stewbacca
Life Member
First name:
Last Name:

#4 Post by stewbacca » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 am

Same as above still applies-

I will be opening doors at 10AM--- just give me a heads up so I can figure how many to expect.

I guess everyone can stay as long as they would like, or until they get bored. :wink: Although I will probably start to ask people to leave by around 6.

People are welcome to bring snack items- but we will order pizza in the early afternoon- either delivery or my wife can probably go out to pick it up (5.00 a person or so I guess)- (Note to self:inform her of this :twisted: )

I sorted through my room again so it looks like I will have a bunch of new odd items to sell (mostly different magazines).

StarWarsDaddy
First name:
Last Name:

#5 Post by StarWarsDaddy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 am

I'll bring a few 2-liters of soda. Jason--will you have ice available or should someone bring a bag? Since I'm holding the box of meeting snack supplies (remember those days?) I can also bring plates, cups and napkins.
Frank Klukosky
Mara Jade Collector

"That''s nice. Just let me know when they make a Mara Jade version of that."

stewbacca
Life Member
First name:
Last Name:

#6 Post by stewbacca » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm

I should have ice available- if we run out 7-11 is only 2 minutes away.