December 2007 meeting - 12/8/07 McLean, VA

Announcements and general information concerning DCSWCC. Visible to guests and non-registered users. Only administrators can post here.

Moderator: DCSWCC

LukeJedi
First name: Bob
Last Name: Martinazzi

December 2007 meeting - 12/8/07 McLean, VA

#1 Post by LukeJedi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:39 pm

Mark those calendars -- the December DCSWCC meeting will be held on 12/8/07 at the Dolley Madison library in McLean, VA.

The club is returning to its roots at the Dolley Madison! We are hoping to have a fun and interactive meeting that helps both new and old members become more familiar with each other!

As debuted at the last Dolly Madison meeting, we will be having Member Profiles. The two on Steph and Beau were a hit ---- so if you are interested in being featured please post in the volunteer thread below, Brent (Obi Wan-BRENTobi) will contact you to get the process started. We are hoping to do at least 4 profiles so signup now.

Additionally we have a lot of FOCUS collectors - and we are not just talking character focus collectors. We are calling for all focus collectors to help make the December meeting a hit.

If you are FOCUS collector of any kind, we'd love for you to be a part of the meeting. Please post in the volunteer thread below if interested.

We'd like to know
1) What is your focus
2) Why you chose that focus, story behind how you got started
3) How do you define your focus
4) Bring 1 or 2 unusual or special items from your focus collection
5) Tell us why you brought those 2
6) Give us info about any 'holy grail' type items for your focus collection

To signup, please post here
http://dcswcc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33012#33012
Last edited by LukeJedi on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarWarsDaddy
First name:
Last Name:

With special guest star--Mike "The Founder" Kurtz

#2 Post by StarWarsDaddy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:46 pm

Our beloved Founder, MK, will be paying us a visit at this Saturday's meeting.

It's quite fitting that he returns to the library where it all began over 4 years ago.

I'm told his appearance will be brief--he's a very busy man :roll:

So cancel your other plans. Pack up the kids. Bring your cameras and autograph books. Don't miss this rare opportunity :D

Oh, and MK--if you make me look like a fool by not showing up--don't expect any more advance-release DVD's from me.
Frank Klukosky
Mara Jade Collector

"That''s nice. Just let me know when they make a Mara Jade version of that."