The Children's Inn at NIH Check Presentation--JOIN US!!!

Announcements and general information concerning DCSWCC. Visible to guests and non-registered users. Only administrators can post here.

Moderator: DCSWCC

StarWarsDaddy
First name:
Last Name:

The Children's Inn at NIH Check Presentation--JOIN US!!!

#1 Post by StarWarsDaddy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 pm

On Sunday, August 12th, from 6pm to 7:30pm, members of the DCSWCC and the Fighting 501st Old Line Garrison will be presenting the 3rd-and-final fund-raising check to The Children's Inn at The National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.

As with our 1st check presentation last August, we want to make this a fun and memorable event for the patients and their families who are staying at The Inn. Last year a member of the R2DC graciously brought his fully operational R2-D2 for the kids to touch, hug and have keepsake photos taken with.

The staff at The Inn who witnessed our visit--or who were upset that they missed us--have been patiently waiting for our return. Not so much for our monetary donation, but to take the children away from their daily tests and painful treatments to a Galaxy Far, Far Away and to give them happy stories to tell their friends when they're well enough to go back home.

Since this event will be held in the main dining room of The Inn before, during and after the evening meal, we've been asked to keep our entourage to a maximum of 8 people. Some of you have expressed an interest in taking part in this.

Scott Strong and at least one other member of the 501st will attend in full armor/costume. I know our group has members who've created their own costumes--I'll be contacting a few of you personally in hopes that you can attend.

This event is open to any member of the group--costumed or not. If you don't have a costume, wear your DCSWCC shirt--especially if you've got the Chewbacca t-shirt. I plan on taking pictures of the kids again and I'll be asking some of you there to help distribute the pictures for me.

Everyone who attended last year had a blast and felt good to actually see the people our fund-raising is helping. It's also rewarding to get such positive feedback from The Inn. They've invited us, and the 501st, to come visit them throughout the year and give the children something to smile about.

If you would like to take part in this event, please let me know BEFORE the August 11th meeting so I can provide you with special instructions and directions.

Thank you.
Frank Klukosky
Mara Jade Collector

"That''s nice. Just let me know when they make a Mara Jade version of that."

LukeJedi
First name: Bob
Last Name: Martinazzi

Re: The Children's Inn at NIH Check Presentation--JOIN US!!!

#2 Post by LukeJedi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:19 am

StarWarsDaddy wrote:Everyone who attended last year had a blast and felt good to actually see the people our fund-raising is helping. It's also rewarding to get such positive feedback from The Inn. They've invited us, and the 501st, to come visit them throughout the year and give the children something to smile about.
I'd like to reiterate as one of the people that attended last year - it was a very positive experience. I had a few doubts going in - but it was so nice to see the kids eyes light up and see exactly that we are helping!

So if you are interested let Frank know, you'll be glad you went.
Bob M
Luke Up, Luke Down, Luke Jedi!
LukeJedi.INFO
My Collection

StarWarsDaddy
First name:
Last Name:

Last call for participants

#3 Post by StarWarsDaddy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:14 pm

If there is anyone else who'd like to participate in this event this coming Sunday evening, please let me know by 8PM tomorrow (Tuesday the 7th).

I will be contacting the following people to confirm their attendance and include instructions, directions and guidelines for the event:

Me
Scott S + 2 additional 501st members
Galen
Mike M

**UPDATED**
Frank Klukosky
Mara Jade Collector

"That''s nice. Just let me know when they make a Mara Jade version of that."